Sign of the Green Dragon is HERE today.
Stop by. Say hi. Enter to win a GC to buy more books.
Thank you Yolanda for including me. Here's the answers to your questions.
1. What WIP are you working on now or tell about another hobby you have.
I’m almost done with my edits on a young adult novel. This one will be a bit of a departure for me with multiple POV characters, but my agent’s interested, so that’s a step in the right direction. Fingers crossed.
2. Do you find subjects for blogging difficult or overflowing
Both. At times I can’t decide which topic to choose, but at other times, I don’t have anything I want to set down. I think I just burn out occasionally.
3. Your favorite fictional character. Why?
Maybe Sherlock Holmes could qualify. I love his brilliant mind, but also his vulnerability with his addiction. He’s complicated and fascinating.
4. Your favorite author. Why?
That’s a hard question, but I’ve always loved Margaret Atwood’s work. It’s her prose that grabs me and holds my attention. Her stories sneak up on me and always surprise me.
5. Your favorite genre. Why?
I don’t have a favorite genre. I read just about everything, but some with more enthusiasm than others. I’m more drawn to literary work than thrillers or romance, but a steady diet of Rushdie would put me into a coma. I love quirky fun stories, so any genre with that involved is a favorite.
6. Blog hops pro or con—productive or a waste of time.
I do some hops because they offer me a chance to meet other bloggers. I think we become rather incestuous otherwise. You know, a close set of bloggers that can anticipate each other’s posts. I don't think they're a waste of time, but time-consuming, and if they’re interesting I don’t mind that.
7. Biggest regret or best decision you’ve ever made?
The best decision I ever made was to buy where we live today. We’re in a quiet space, but still within a short distance of our small town and San Francisco. The beach is about twenty minutes away and Lake Tahoe about four hours. It’s a unique place and I’ve always loved being here.
8. What is the meaning of success to you?
Finding happiness in what I’m doing.
9. Do you write reviews for books you read? Why or why not?
Yes. If I can read the entire book, and if I can give it at least three stars, I review it. Because I’m a writer, I understand how important those reviews are. I really want to support others, but I don’t want to hurt them by giving them a one or two-star review. After all it's only my personal opinion.
10. Biggest social media success or failure?
I didn’t do diddlly with my one attempt at a Facebook ad, but I mishandled it. I'll try again.
11. Please share a paragraph or two from your current WIP or your favorite quote.
From Retro Girl:
Lula didn’t drive the direct route home. She drove to the lake instead and parked. She let her head rest against the driver’s window and stared at the calm blue water. This was a place she’d seen since she could remember, and it looked the same as always. That confused her because it shouldn’t. Nothing in her life was the same, so this lake should be different, too.
Didn’t the universe know about Blossom? About the totally changed Win and Marty? About Lucia Banes whose shattered foot had healed, but whose heart had been remolded into something unrecognizable?
She touched the lucky rabbit’s foot charm and stroked it’s misshaped edges. Her heart on a chain.
Thanks again, Yolanda. Appreciated your thinking of me.
The Liebster Blog Award rules are:
- Write a blog post about your nomination, displaying an image of the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you that includes a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked you in his/her blog post.
- Nominate 5-11 other starting bloggers who you think deserve this award and come up with 11 questions of your own for them to answer.
- List these rules in your blog post.
My nominations for the
Lobster Liebster Award:
So many people have been tagged on this one that I think I'm just going to let any of you who want to join in, do so. Here are my questions:
- If you had only one good deed you could do in this world, what would that be?
- What is one fictional character you'd like to be? How come?
- What's your fondest memory from childhood?
- Is there any story you wish you'd written? Which one?
- If you're a writer, what genre do you wish you could write, but just can't?
- Are you going to participate in the A to Z 2017? Why or why not?
- What makes you happier than anything else in this world?
- What is the meaning of success to you?
- When you were in grade school, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Is there anything you want to do, but are afraid to try?
- Please share a paragraph or two from your current WIP or your favorite quote.
Quote of the Week: "Life is like a suitcase. You can squeeze a lot into it." Yoko Ono
So are you going to take on the Liebster this time around? Have you been doing some other hops to extend the blogs you follow? How's July treating you? Will you stop by my next tour stop and say hi? Hope so.