Alligators Overhead Trailer

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Celebrate and Win at Evernight Teen's 3rd Birthday Party


Visit EVERNIGHT TEEN to see all of their books.


EVERNIGHT TEEN is celebrating their anniversary this month with a 3rd Birthday Blog Hop. It’s EVERNIGHT TEEN’s birthday but we're giving out the presents with a Grand Prize of a $100 Amazon gift certificate!

EVERNIGHT TEEN books feature fresh teen fiction that is raw, gritty and real. Whether paranormal, contemporary, sci-fi or suspense, our books are about real issues and pack a strong emotional punch. You’ll find cutting edge fiction that today’s young adults can relate to and will keep you turning the pages long into the night.



Here are some excerpts of some reviews.

By Carla Davis

I decided to give Double Negative a try because the sample dragged me in from the first paragraph until I had to read the whole thing! It's so rare to see well done first person, but this book does it masterfully. Hutch has a real voice that must be rendered in the way the author has chosen. No lazy writing here!


By ltg584

I could tell within pages that this book was pure genius and it only became more apparent the deeper I was pulled into the story. I devoured it as quickly as I could… and now it’s over! :( I wish there was some way that it could be a series, just so I could have more! I have already been perusing the author’s other works, debating over which one to read next.

By Night Owl Reviews

Double Negative is just amazing. Reading it felt like being on emotional roller-coaster.




I’m proud to be an EVERNIGHT TEEN author. Enjoy this tease from my book, Double Negative.
"My life was going, going, gone, and I hadn't been laid yet. I couldn't go into the slammer before that happened." Hutch McQueen

TEASE: This is a short bit of a scene between Hutch and Fat Nyla. They're get along most of the time, but not today. Nyla's one of my favorite characters in this book because she's often fragile and under attack by the "in-group" of girls, especially on a website called Mona Knows. Yet Nyla refuses to be beaten. 


I see her before she sees me, but when she does, man, does she shoot lasers at me with her eyes. I walk fast and stop her at the edge of the lawn. “Look, I’m a sleaze, okay? I’m sorry, but that’s just the way I was made.”

“What do you need?” 

“Nothing.” That’s pretty much the truth at the moment. By using one eye to read I’m doing more of the homework. If I hold one of them magnifying glasses over a page I can even look up words in the dictionary, so while it takes a lot of time, I can almost get through Deek’s assignments. Still I don’t want to take any chances. Nyla’s brain could be the difference between me staying a junior for a long time or making it to my senior year. I need to be on her good side.

She passes me and starts toward Larkston High.

“I said I’m sorry. Liz and me . . . well we kind of—”

“Just shut up.” She keeps walking, her eyes down.

“I came to try and—”

She wheels around so fast I run smack into her and have to back up.

“You’re a creep.” Nyla pokes me in the chest with her finger, and I back up some more. “I know what you call me. Not to my face, but when you talk about me to other kids.”

I try for one of those neutral looks, like I don’t know what she’s talking about.

“Let me refresh your memory.” She’s squared off in front of me with her hands on her hips. “Fat Nyla! That’s what you call me. That’s what Mona Knows calls me, and she got it from you.”

“Mona who?”

I don’t expect her to sock me, so when her fist comes at me I take the full wallop on the left side of my jaw. One minute I’m there with the sidewalk under my feet and the next that sidewalk is pressed against my cheek. 







I'm offering two eBooks of Double Negative during Evernight Teen's super celebration.  All you have to do is say you'd like a copy and leave your email in a comment. I'll put your name in the "hat".


Be sure visit each stop on the BLOG HOP for more chances to WIN the GRAND PRIZE of a $100 Amazon Gift Card. You’ll receive bonus entries for commenting on each blog!
a Rafflecopter giveaway






62 comments:

  1. It's only been around three years? Wow. They are really successful, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nyla sounds awesome! Thanks for the chance to win a copy of Double Negative!

    ~Tiffany Webb
    tiffany.webb29@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I want a copy! It sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 years and a lot done, here's to more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without fun there's reason to do anything. But you know that.

      Delete
  5. 3 years and going strong. This excerpt was great to read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to know what they're doing in this weird business.

      Delete
  6. Wow, his voice is fantastic! Also, I read the blurb on Goodreads, and it sounds amazing! I'd love to win a copy. :)


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbositybookreviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, congrats on their third year! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. It would be great to see them do many more.

      Delete
  9. Happy 3rd birthday to Evernight Teen. Great looking book. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. You probably knew parts by heart, YV. Thanks for being such a patient and great critique partner.

      Delete
  11. Happy birthday to Evernight Teen! Fantastic excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. it really is rare to see a well done first person. And I don't understand why all YA books have to be first person and present tense? I've been translating only such books last year and it destroys the grey cells :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge fan of first person, but this book came down that way. I didn't know any other way to write it.

      Delete
  13. Its a great hook told be Hutch McQueen, no pun intended. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still looking for time to read Double Negative. One of these days...

    Imagine how many books I can buy with a $100 Amazon gift certificate?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lee, I loved your book Double Negative!!!!! And Of course I entered for the gift card, nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your review and really appreciated your taking the time to write it. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  16. Looks amazing! Good luck with the hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a glowing review:) Always a good thing when they're sad that the book's over:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding books I hate to leave, but rush to read so I can find out what happens.

      Delete
  18. Enjoy the hop.
    Nyla certainly socked it to him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good old Nyla comes through, but Hutch comes through for her, too. Loved this relationship.

      Delete
  19. Happy Birthday to Evernight Teen and their authors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday, Evernight Teen. And I love your book, Lee. Everyone should read it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate that, Beverly. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  21. Hi human,Lee,

    Great pawst! Thanks for sharing! Following! Arf! A most happy birthday to Evernight Teen and all those involved.

    Pawsitive wishes and doggy kisses,

    Penny xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Those are the coolest reviews! I'd be so pleased I'd print them and tape them on my screen, get lost gloating over myself, and forget all about writing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A temporary spasm of joy, Lexa, but I already did that. :-) Just kidding.

      Delete
  23. Happy Birthday Evernight!! Loved that excerpt! Nyla seems to have a solid handle on how to defend herself, physically at least. Good for her. Sounds like Hutch deserved a good wallop:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did. I made him treat Nyla very badly. That was hard to do, but necessary. We writers must do some terrible things sometimes.

      Delete
  24. I'd like to pass this information along to a BC author I know who writes gritty teen novels. Thanks for sharing, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely if you'd share with your friend. Maybe we can connect with our grittiness. :-)

      Delete
  25. Happy Birthday to Evernight Teen. Looks like a great blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Three years already? My goodness. Time flies, these days!

    Happy Birthday, Evernight Teen!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful excerpt! And...three years?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations Evernight Teen... Here's to many more years of happy reading and writing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those high school years are pretty tough. Good writing and an interesting excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've already read this and really enjoyed. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've enjoyed all your books. Happy birthday to Evernight Teen.

    ReplyDelete

Please say something to me, anything. Well, not anything, but a kind word will do.