Yes, there is always some good news in the world. We just have to find it. And here's one good news story. Josie Conlon rescued an abused border collie. The dog was never affectionate, having been so badly treated, but he suddenly started jumping on her, crying and nuzzling her chest. When she went to the doctor they found a stage three cancer. The detection of this tumor saved her life.
Yay for that border collie and yay for the kind woman who saved him, so he could save her.
Great Time Lock Disaster Launch
I know some of you have already said you'll lend me a hand when The Great Time Lock Disaster launches, but if you'll let me know in a comment, I'll be in touch. I'm aiming for Feb 24th as the L Day. I'd appreciate any of these:
- Guest Post
- Character Interview
- Standard post (blurb, image, buy links)
Awards are also Good News, and I have two to share today. Both are INSPIRING!
|Thanks you, BISH DENHAM|
VERY INSPIRING BLOGGER AWARD
My nominees are: (If you're too busy or have already done this or are adamantly opposed to awards, kindly disregard.)
- Beverly Stowe McClure Excellent Reviewer and storyteller
- Klahanie Anti Hop, but Pro Writers:Sorry about this. Send the gnomes to get me. Or stop being so damned inspiring.
- Angela Brown Ms. Happiness
- J.L. Campbell Helpful, Prolific Writer
- Lexa Cain Kept the Friday Small Things To Appreciate alive!
- Catherine Stine Marketing Queen
- Alex Cavanaugh Marketing King
- Loni Townsend Zombie expert
- Mason Canyon Cat Lady, and who can not be Inspired by a Cat Lady?
- Lynda Young A great Down Under Blogger
- Tammy Theriault Should do standup comedy.
- Al Diaz Knows how to control the dwarves. . .sometimes.
- Buddy Poet and Kilt wearer
- Gina Stoneheart Costa Rica Traveler who knows how to have fun.
- Michelle Wallace A Girl with the Words
- My Good News Story about the border collie.
- The sign of rain possibly coming our way after several dry weeks.
- My book covers for Alligators Overhead (a new, shiny version) and for The Great Time Lock Disaster, my sequel.
Rules for this AWARD.
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and link to their blog.
2. Display the award logo.
3. Nominate at least 15 other blogs (more or less) and provide
a link where they may be found.
4. Then, go to their blog, leave a comment to let them know they have been nominated, and where to find the information they need to accept (rules).
5. Mention three things that inspired you the most during the past few weeks.
|Thank you, YVONNE VENTRESCA|
Thank you, DEANIE HUMPHRIES-DUNNE
My nominees are: (Since these Awards have the same rules, I'm putting them together. If you're too busy or have already done this or are adamantly opposed to awards, kindly disregard.)
- Darby Karchut A Long-Time Writer Friends who really is award-winning.
- Chris Fey Looks for the Magic in Words
- Mary Pax The most Grounded, Space-Explorer I know.
- Sheri Larsen Supports Writers Always, and who won my copy of Sudden Secrets!!!!
- Julie Musil Writes up a storm on her blog.
- Hilary Always great history on her blog.
- Gwen Gardner Writer of Great Ghostly stories.
7 Things About Myself:
- I write books. (Surprise!)
- I read books. (another surprise)
- I am a book...no, that's not true. I am an award-winning author. Just look at this webpage.
- When I'm not writing I'm sleeping or eating or thinking about all three.
- My best kept secret is XXXXX. Not on your life will I reveal that!
- When I grow up I want to be an artist.
- I don't have a Bucket List because I don't intend to leave. I like it here.
Rules for this AWARD:
1. Display the logo on their website/blog
2. Link back to this page
3. Answer 7 questions about themselves
4. Nominate another 7 people
My Quote for the Day: "Happiness is pretty simple--someone to love, something to do, something to look forward to." Rita Mae Brown