Alligators Overhead Trailer

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A to Z Blog Challenge: The Letter Y




The Write Game's Theme 
AtoZ Blog Challenge
2014

Stuff I Learned or Laughed at from Bloggers in the 2013 A to Z Challenge .
All you gots to do is identify the Mystery Blogger each day. I’ll give you hints when I can. I'll post the answers and the winner each Monday.

The last winner will receive a signed copy of The Princess of Las Pulgas 

(If you already have one of the prizes, I'll figure something else out!)


BY

1) identifying the most bloggers correctly=2 points.  
2) leaving witty comments=1 point or more depending on glibness
3) adding to the information and making it more valuable=2 points 

TIES WILL BE BROKEN BY MY CAT. SHE'S FAIR AND IMPARTIAL.UNLESS CATNIP IS INVOLVED, THEN SHE GOES WITH THE BEST SUPPLIER.


Y is for Yeth Hound

Mystery Blogger Y’s 2013 theme: “This year will be all things supernatural.... those beings and creatures we all know and love/hate. And, because I'm a glutton for punishment, there'll be a poem added to each post as well.

"Yeth Hound--- one of the incarnations of the "Black Dog" myth, this one located specifically, in Devon, England.

"Black Dogs" appear in myths across the world, most are associated with death and bad omens... i.e. Hell Hounds.

The Yeth Hound is said to be the spirit of an unbaptised child that takes the form of a headless black dog. The Hound wanders the woods at night making pitiful wailing sounds (though, I'm unclear as to how it makes wailing sounds without having a head).

The Black Dogs were possibly one inspiration from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's ghost dog in The Hound of the Baskervilles-- "an enormous coal-black hound, but not such a hound as mortal eyes have ever seen."
HINT: This blogger's a book seller by day. A book writer by night.

Who was it? 

SIGN UP or VISIT the others who are on this AtoZ Challenge and check out the HOSTS:



Arlee Bird @ Tossing it Out
Tina @ Life is Good
Damyanti @ Amlokiblogs
Jeremy @ Being Retro
Nicole Ayers - The Madlab Post


47 comments:

  1. I like the creature feature, but I'm, sadly, lost on who this blogger is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to give this game to the cat! Nobody knows the Mystery Blogger so far.

      Delete
  2. Alex stumped? Here first I've come to expect, but stumped?
    I'm not sure either. I'll toss out a guess---Jamie at Mithril Wisdom. I'm not sure he's a bookseller. I'm not even sure now that the name is right.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one's going to a challenge.

      Delete
  3. I thought it might be Lexa, but she didn't do the challenge last year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I don't have the answer. I'm trying to think of something witty to get a point, but my wit has excaped me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hiding out with mine at Z's place.

      Delete
  5. I have NO IDEA!
    I'm struggling to come up with a name--------- nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well. I may have to win that book for myself. Good grief. I didn't think this one would be that hard.

      Delete
  6. Well I haven't known a single one of these, so I won't even attempt to guess...but the myth is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you've hung in there and that's what counts!

      Delete
  7. I think I looked at that person's blog a few times during the challenge, but I don't remember who it is.

    ~Patricia Lynne~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, YA Author

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got me stumped again. :-) Need more coffee.
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. Need to proved hot beverage while this challenge is going on.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like an amazing prize. I am unfamiliar with the blogger but congrats on the winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe she'll become familiar after this challenge.

      Delete
  10. I'm guessing Hermione Granger. This is right up her Diagon Alley.

    WriterlySam
    Echoes of Olympus
    A to Z #TeamDamyanti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check my answers to see if you're right.

      Delete
  11. The challenge here is that there were a lot of supernatural-themed blogs this time! I didn't learn that until close to the end. I love reading ghost stories, particularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love good ghost stories, too. I knew we would get along.

      Delete
  12. I remember visiting a few blogs last year that featured supernatural creatures but I don't remember who.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I'd enjoy that one if there are nasty supernatural monsters...

    ReplyDelete
  14. The souls of un-baptized babies? Huh. Sounds like a big ole advertizement to run out and baptize your baby NOW or he'll roam the earth for eternity as a wailing dog! Fire and brimstone? You betcha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never heard of a Yeth Hound. Don't think I'd want to meet it in the dark, or daylight for that matter.Spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No clue, Lee, but sounds interesting. Looks like the rest of the group is stumped, too!
    Shells–Tales–Sails

    ReplyDelete
  17. Also stuck on this one! Enjoyed learning about the Yeth Hound, though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have not been participating in your challeng, only because I am horrible with names and there were just so many, too many, people lol

    Love that theme though!

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    Http://writebackwards.we3dements.com
    Http://caringforaveteran.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jump in anytime. Great that you stopped by.

      Delete
  19. e.a.s. demers! most awesomers writers evers! fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  20. http://easdemers.blogspot.com/

    happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see a new person chiming in. Great to have you here.

      Delete
  21. I don't know who that is, but that's a very cool Y creature!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aha, human, Lee,

    Rah and Rah is doubly correct. Of course, I don't use anything "From the Inkwell." I hate having ink-stained paws.

    Your starstuckest doggy fan,

    Penny,

    The Alpo Lapdog dog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Penny. I understand your dislike of inky paws.

      Delete
  23. Not sure who this is-- feel a little lost, bookseller by day, you said?

    Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2014, My Latest post

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  24. No idea. But I'm glad you talked my into the A to Z Challenge! It was rewarding on many levels.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  25. No idea but aren't all writers tring to sell their book(s) by day and write at night? I'm just a "rock picker" something akin to the "chain gang."

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am stumped- but what a great post! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You stump me all the time. My turn. :-)

      Delete
  27. I don't know (what a shocker) - but this is definitely a blogger I need to go check out their past A to Z posts to brush up on my supes.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Lee - I don't know either - and has to be British I'd have thought ... Yeth Hound is a good name .. I wonder if it was created specially for the A-Z and letter Y?!

    Also the fact the blogger is book seller during the day has intrigued me ... is it Ellie? But I truly don't know ... Not Suzanne, nor Annalisa ... but who knows how wrong I could be ..

    Cheers and I now want to see who 'tis! Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Please say something to me, anything. Well, not anything, but a kind word will do.