Monday, April 14, 2014

A to Z Blog Challenge: The Letter L







The Write Game's Theme 
AtoZ Blog Challenge
2014

Stuff I Learned or Laughed at from Bloggers in the 2013 
A to Z Challenge. 


WINNER WEEK TWO
TA DA

 LYNDA DIETZ
GLIBNESS AND THE CAT DID IT FOR THIS BLOGGER.

The Cat tallied the votes and added a couple of points to her score in hopes of a catnip mouse gift. The Cat says it's easily purchased on eBay. So Lynda, I guess you get an ebook of Alligators Overhead, courtesy of The Cat. 


email me and the prize is yours.
http://www.cleemckenziebooks.com/contact.html
Week Two Answers: 
J:  Hilary

Now for Week Three: All you gots to do is identify the Mystery Blogger each day. I’ll give you hints when I can. I'll post the answers and the winner each Monday.

Two more visitors (one each week) can win: 
Week 3) an ebook of Sliding On The Edge 
Week 4) an ebook of The Princess of Las Pulgas 

(If you already have one of the prizes, I'll figure something else out!)

BY

1) identifying the most bloggers correctly=2 points.  
2) leaving witty comments=1 point or more depending on glibness
3) adding to the information and making it more valuable=2 points 


TIES WILL BE BROKEN BY MY CAT. SHE'S FAIR AND IMPARTIAL.UNLESS CATNIP IS INVOLVED, THEN SHE GOES WITH THE BEST SUPPLIER.


Mystery Blogger L’s 2013 theme: “The Z to A Blog Challenge."

I know, I know, what the "L" am I doing a challenge in reverse for?  Because I'm not actually participating in the "A to Z Blogging Challenge."   Of course, the co-hosts 'begged' me to participate.  However, I would never commit my site to an entire month of such a challenge.  No, not me.

"L" is for "Learner."  Did you know that in Britain you have to have a licence for your TV?  It took me ages to finally pass my test.  Most annoying having to have a learner sticker stuck on the screen until I finally passed my test.  The test entailed watching fifty hours of cooking shows and you can never watch enough cooking shows.  It also required watching  fifty hours of idiots who giggled, jumped around a lot and said, "Oh my God!", in every other sentence.  Yes indeed, fifty hours of "reality" TV.

Note . . .my "L" sticker was removed from my TV when I passed the test for my TV licence.

"L" is for Leek, Staffordshire, England.  Not to be confused with Leek, Holland.  I moved to Leek in England because I always wanted to live in a town named after an onion.  And speaking of leek, our friend Hilary at this site, did an informative posting on the legendary leek.  If you have never visited Hilary, here she is :  Positive Letters....inspirational stories....


Who is it? HINT: I gave you big a hint already. And is this blogger going to give me holy L for this.


SIGN UP or VISIT the others who are on this AtoZ Challenge and check out the HOSTS:



Arlee Bird @ Tossing it Out
Tina @ Life is Good
Damyanti @ Amlokiblogs
Jeremy @ Being Retro
Nicole Ayers - The Madlab Post

51 comments:

  1. Interesting idea for the A-Z Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know you had to have license for your TV. Hmmm.... Gives new meaning to channel surfing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had no idea about the TV license. It'd take me forever to pass. I just put stickers with instructions on the 3 remotes in the room where my husband watched TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And why does it take 3 remotes when only 1 used to be enough? Which one does what? Too complicated.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad they don't have a learner's license for the A to Z challenge. :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know this one, but the leek is my favorite onion family vegetable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I knew about the license, but I had no idea about the tough testing! I don't think I could handle fifty hours of reality tv, =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One hour is more than anyone needs endure.

      Delete
  7. Gary and the internet superstar Penny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay congratulations, Lynda!

    A license for your TV? Wow! And I don't know Gary...but what a cool tidbit to share of his, C. Lee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought everyone knew Gary. It's his tidbits that are so cool.

      Delete
  9. A license for a tv! Aaah! I don't think I would ever pass. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, Natalie and I! I'm such a loser when it comes to remotes.

      Delete
  10. I think it's Gary.

    There is no way I'd ever pass the test to get a TV License! 50 hours to watch morons? Nope. Can't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now, should we answer with Gary or should it be Penny the Modest Internet Star ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have heard of a hefty tv tax but a liscence, really?
    Clever A-Z...
    doreenmcgettigan.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sticker on the TV makes me think of Gary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. *jumping up and down* I'm a winner! I'm a winner! I'd like to thank all the little people who were willing to lose so I could win a really cool book from a cool author. THANK YOU, Lee!

    I'm a Gary/Penny follower and enjoy his posts so much. Great feature today! And now I need to go back to jumping up and down for a while longer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm pawsitive you must be speaking of the ever rebellious Gary. His anti-A to Z posts have had me chuckling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. in my palace it's either a cooking or music channel on all day long

    ReplyDelete
  17. A license for your TV? Eeek! I'd never get one cause I don't watch reality or cooking shows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would have flunked because I would not make it through five hours of reality TV, even though I sometimes say, "Oh my cranberry cupcakes."

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi celebrity superstar author and terrific human being, Lee,

    What the "L" is going on? Yes indeed, in Britain, you need a TV license. It's to fund the BBC. You know, the channel you get to watch without a TV license in other parts of the world.

    Did you know you know need a license for your computer? I can barely see the screen with this great big red "Learner" sticker on my screen.

    I had some dude admiring my prized onions in my garden. The dude asked if it was okay to take a leek. I told him not to be so filthy and go use the toilet inside my house.

    Congrats to Lynda. Another one of my adoring fans. Yes, call me delusional. Hello, delusional.

    I have no idea who the mystery blogger is. However, the writing is fantastic. One L of a good bit of writing.

    Your starstruckest fan,

    Penny's fictional character,

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Who the L is it? I could do this all day... I may even know who the L it is but just like saying "who the L"!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yep, I know just who the "L" that was from the first line.....Gary!

    I prefer Penny, though, she's more rational :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think Penny's human will get a big kick out of this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I must be Gary and Penny the Jack Russell and modest internet star.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm gonna guess Klahanie (Gary & Penny) even though I can't imagine him participating in the A-Z since he thinks it's evil. (I have to admit, as we slog along and haven't even hit the halfway point yet, I'm beginning to think the A-Z is evil too! Are there really this many letters in the alphabet? Do we really need them all? I vote we chuck out Q and X. They're lazy and rarely bother to show up in words. And we can get rid of "Y" since it's so interminably curious. Finally, "P" should be censored as rude and lewd, in all its forms...)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I need to get out and about more. Dunno who this is.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't know about a license, but there does need to be a class on how to use a remote control efficiently. Actually I can do that, I just don't know which remotes are for which TVs and devices!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just knew Penny's human would pop up here! Aside from Gary's unrivaled humor, he's an all-around amazing guy who entertains his starstruck fans with witty banter and delightful social commentary!

    WriterlySam
    Echoes of Olympus
    A to Z #TeamDamyanti


    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats to Lynda on her excellent detective work!

    Reading this post I thought of Gary and Penny! Gary's posts always keep me SO entertained. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  29. LEE... this was too funny!

    Gary and Penny are just TOOOO sweet! But a license for TV? Is this true? Jeepers.... did I just say that? What the hell?! Um...

    I would've had mine by the age of five. I LIVED in front of the TV. Got up at 5:30 every mooring and headed straight for the old B&W RCA.. GEEZ, I'm old!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OOPS... mooring... I think, I meant MORNING... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I thought Gary too because I recall when he did it in reverse but everyone seemed to guess him too.

    ReplyDelete
  32. A license for your TV! That's just wrong on so many levels - or channels.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gary is also my guess. This is a month when he fumes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Leek England. Haven't heard of it. yet again I learned something from you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Lee - this was easy peasy .. even an English veg - I knows himself and herself the internet superstar four legged beauty - Penny and her owner .. great L for Learner .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  36. I would have known this one.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  37. You know how some gas stations require a key to use the bathroom? Just think if they required a license! What would that test entail? Hmmmm....

    Random Musings from the KristenHead — L is for 'Longmire' and 'Lost' (and Loddy)

    ReplyDelete

Please say something to me, anything. Well, not anything, but a kind word will do.