Alligators Overhead Trailer

Friday, January 31, 2014

Celebrating Small Things, Sequel Hints and Showing Off Another Book! Not in that Order

Thanks VIKLIT


Celebrating: This month's moon pie making. If you don't know about moon pie, I'm very sorry for you. But if you want the recipe, stay tooned

Also Celebrating: A New Book! Here 'tis!


******


Sun and Moon by Lee Strauss
(Book One in the Minstrel Series)

 January 26th!


If you’re a fan of the movie Inside Llewyn Davis, ABC television’s Nashville or Colleen Hoover’s upcoming novel, "Maybe Someday", the Minstrel Series is for you!

The Minstrel Series is a collection of contemporary romance novels set in the singer/songwriter world. The books are companion novels, with shared settings and characters, but each are complete standalone stories with a HEA (happily ever after) and no cliffhangers!






She has a past. He has a secret.
Katja Stoltz is a risk-taking singer-songwriter hoping to make it in the indie music scene in Dresden, Germany. Micah Sturm's a brooding uptown banker on a quest.

Driven to the streets, Katja is picked up by Micah - but he doesn't want what she thinks he does.

There’s an undeniable attraction between them, a gravitational pull they both struggle to resist. Katja knows she mustn’t fall in love with this handsome enigma. There’s something dark lurking beneath the surface. He could be dangerous.

And even if her life isn’t on the line, her heart most definitely is.





*not erotica - no explicit sex or coarse language



Buy now!






Enter to win a $50 Amazon gift card, MP3s of all four songs featured on Sun and Moon, and a 12 month calendar from Dresden, Germany featuring many of the settings found in Sun & Moon.


Dresden, Germany



a Rafflecopter giveaway

********

WRITING SEQUELS


Hint #2: Here's another HINT about writing those sequels. Thanks to 

Ruth Ann Hixson: "Write it as a sequel but also as a STAND ALONE book in case the reader hasn't read the previous book."

44 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Lee!
    And if you're referring to THE Moon Pie, it's very popular here in the South.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Lee! And looking forward to learning more about moon pies. I'm from up North and there's not as popular here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite tasty and loaded with calories, right?

      Delete
  3. yay! i so agree about series being able to stand alone too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dwarves don't know the moon pie but it sounds tasty.
    Congratulations to Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there's a special dwarf version. Let me investigate.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I know she appreciates the "Yay."

      Delete
  6. I don't know about moon pie...

    Love the advice on sequels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gathering as much information on those sequels as I can.

      Delete
  7. I don't know about moon pie either. Whoopie pies, yes, Moon pies, no.

    Congratulations to Lee—best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoopie pies? Now I'm the one who doesn't know.

      Delete
  8. Ruth Ann and I think alike! I wrote mine to stand alone, just in case I couldn't sell one, I could use the others.

    Best of luck Lee. I'm a huge fan of HEA's!
    I love moon pies! But I don't like s'mores. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good reason to write each as a single book, Elizabeth. Haven't had a s'more since I was in high school.

      Delete
  9. Never heard of a moon pie, will have to look it up. Good Luck to Lee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking for the best recipe, testing it and passing it on.

      Delete
  10. Alright I don't know about the moon pie. What the heck?? Now I have to google it LOL.

    Congrats to Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great hint!

    Congratulations to Lee, I entered the giveaway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just to let you know, I am nearly done with The Princess of Las Pulgas and LOVE IT. Wow, very well done C. Lee. I'll post a review on Goodreads when I finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen. Thanks so much for the read. Glad you are enjoying it. Always appreciate reviews and will look forward to reading yours.

      Delete
  13. Very happy for Lee. Wishing her Minstrel series oodles of success. It's such a wonderful concept too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great concept. Thanks for saying that, Angela.

      Delete
  14. Great advice on sequels! That's a point I haven't seen made much, though I have frequently heard to have individual arcs for the book and some for the series. I love moon pies, but I've only made them once, because I can pretend they're less bad for me if I don't make them myself. I feel the same way about fry bread. ;)

    The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Shannon. Guess it does seem like when someone else puts those ingredients together it's "healthier." Hadn't thought of that.

      Delete
  15. She has a past. He has a secret. Wow, now that sounds like a good read. Thanks, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice, mysterious tag! Thanks for the visit, Joylene.

      Delete
  16. Congrats to Lee! It's great to have such an identifiable niche. Big thanks to Ruth Ann for the tip about writing sequels. I thought "Moon pie" was a nickname southerners use. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping for a tasty treat. I'll let you know.

      Delete
  17. Congrat! Yeah, another book launch. The sequel tip hard! I have trouble with it. Mine need to be read in order, I think. I'm still re-writing the second one though, so I can try to tweak that end of things. :) And Moon Pie? Made of cheese? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this sequel thing can be tricky. Wish I'd listened to my inner writer and not started one of them. Too late now! If the Moon Pie is cheesy, I'm there. But I was kind of thinking it had to be about chocolate.

      Delete
  18. Thanks for featuring Sun & Moon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Lee,

    I like how you had a loony tuney moony type theme going here. I must make notes. Did you know I'm a wandering minstrel who plays the lute to fair damsels in many an enchanted English village.

    Congrats and all the best to the other Lee, Lee. Nice to see the Sun and Moon featured on this must-read blog site n'stuff.

    Moon Pie? I don't even want to tell you what I thought that was....

    Your starstruckest fan wishes you the most pleasant of weekends. To be honest. You know what I'm saying? Yes? No? Nobody cares?

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the sequel tip, it is something I would agree with. Moon Pie, no don't know what that is but it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love your intro to Sun & Moon - hook those readers right away! Great technique! And great tip to write the second as a stand alone, plus then they'll want to read more, no matter where they started from.

    happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice review. There is so much to learn from everyone. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please say something to me, anything. Well, not anything, but a kind word will do.