Saturday, April 6, 2013

AtoZ Blogging Challenge. This Hop is Formidable.

The brainchild of Arlee Bird, at Tossing it Out


If you've been visiting me for the past five days, you know what this AtoZ Blogging Challenge post is going to be about. It's time for the letter F to step up to the plate. I have a splendid F word I really like, and, no, it's not that ubiquitous OTHER F-word--although after yesterday and a small computer glitch I was sorely tempted. Who needs the computer to start burping during the AtoZ?

Today's word is a brilliant one with the power to evoke a strong emotion--in this case, fear.

Formidable

www.phocabulary.com

The IRS agent smiled, but his demeanor was still formidable. 
BTW, are you aware there are only 9 days before APRIL 15?  Sorry for the formidable reminder.



This formidable post is brought to you by a whole gang of formidable bloggers :
The Madlab Post (Nicole Ayers)
Tossing It Out (Arlee Bird)
Amlokiblogs (Damyanti Biswas)
Alex J. Cavanaugh (Alex J. Cavanaugh)
Life is Good (Tina Downey)
Cruising Altitude 2.0 (DL Hammons)
Retro-Zombie (Jeremy Hawkins)
The Warrior Muse (Shannon Lawrence)
The QQQE (Matthew MacNish)
Leave it to Livia (Livia Peterson)
No Thought 2 Small (Konstanz Silverbow)
Breakthrough Blogs (Stephen Tremp)
Spunk on a Stick (L. Diane Wolfe)


We also have a Facebook page, email address 2012azinfo@gmail.com, and the Twitter hashtag is #AtoZChallenge.  Join in. 

31 comments:

  1. Hopefully April 15th isn't looming for too many of us. Great choice to use with formidable though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mailed mine yesterday. Such a relief! I hate deadlines and here I am in book publishing--that's always about deadlines.

      Delete
  2. Love your A-Z theme, CL! :) And yes, the IRS can be very formidable opponents should you cross them. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As honest as I try to be, I still get sweaty when I put that envelop to the IRS into the mail!

      Delete
  3. I love that smile in his face. It reminds me a bit of your alligators. I just can't stop laughing at the little arms, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem puny in comparison to the rest of this fellow. He dates back a bit just like my alligators who are from the Cenozoic period. Of course, my clever fellows survived and old T here didn't make the cut.

      Delete
  4. Hi Lee .. that formidable finis line, might be flight too far - but I'll be continuing on the formidable posting schedule!

    But the phocobulary of the little soul is formidable - if he can keep it up ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, do you pronounce it for-MID-a-ble or FORM-id-a-ble?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go with the American pronunciation, but I love to hear for-MID-a-ble. And it seems the British version is gaining popularity here.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. But you're a great writer, so that's the reason!

      Delete
  7. IRS can be formidable but that T-Rex certainly has a truly fearsome smile going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything that big and toothy has to give you the shakes. Glad they're not here anymore. That would add just one more thing to worry about.

      Delete
  8. Ah T-Rex! Big head and little arms, not so good at jumping jacks or push ups :D

    Yeah, did my taxes early this year *pats self on the back* It wasn't exactly thrilling though. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should pat yourself on the back. Even the "simple" forms confuse the heck out of me.

      Delete
  9. The T-Rex is formidable, but still my favorite part of Jurassic Park.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Facing my stack of 5th grade essays to score is formidable. Wait, I'm on spring break - I can go back to the letter D - denial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was really waiting for the other "F" word :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I felt formidable as I tackled a huge fearsome brunch today. Hours later I'm wondering where all that formidableness went to. And I just butchered that word. But it's such a fun-word!! :D Look forward to tomorrow's letter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel that this is the best word to describe the Challenge. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwww it's a fabulously formidable dinosaur!! But what's going to happen on the 15th of April!??! LOL!! I'm confused - easily done! LOL!!

    Have fantastic weekend! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. We shouldn't have anything to fear from the Challenge! I like the French pronunciation of formidable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a few more formidable bumps in the road this month, but after that things will slow down and I'll look forward to summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thankfully, I got my taxes completed in February! I like "formidable." If ever I'm in an argument, that's the side I like to be on...haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the formidable reminder of how close tax day is- yikes ! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The IRS man is always formidable! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank goodness that your computer stopped burping and you managed to get "formidable" out along with a truly formidable pic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah, you've found another word I love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The bearer of formidable news? I take it you're referring to the tax man...

    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  23. I still have to do my taxes. Harrowing and formidable! Hope to get them done soon, but I do not like math. ::)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Please say something to me, anything. Well, not anything, but a kind word will do.