Wednesday, April 3, 2013

AtoZ Blogging Challenge, The Brainchild of Arlee Bird

The brainchild of Arlee Bird, at Tossing it Out


Repeated for new readers: As a writer, my real tools are the words in my language. Fortunately, English has a ton--with more being added everyday. You can see where this is going, right? My favorite words from AtoZ. Okay, stop the sniggering. I'm not as creative as some, so give me a break, take a look and add your favorite word in your comment. I can always use more words.

Curvaceous

I only have to write that word and Marilyn Monroe pops into my mind. 
www.fanpop.com


Do you have a C word that you're particularly fond of throwing into your sentences?
Any that immediately bring a picture to your mind?
Curtsy doesn't do much for me, so don't add that one, okay? 

*All these curves brought to you by:
The Madlab Post (Nicole Ayers)
Tossing It Out (Arlee Bird)
Amlokiblogs (Damyanti Biswas)
Alex J. Cavanaugh (Alex J. Cavanaugh)
Life is Good (Tina Downey)
Cruising Altitude 2.0 (DL Hammons)
Retro-Zombie (Jeremy Hawkins)
The Warrior Muse (Shannon Lawrence)
The QQQE (Matthew MacNish)
Leave it to Livia (Livia Peterson)
No Thought 2 Small (Konstanz Silverbow)
Breakthrough Blogs (Stephen Tremp)
Spunk on a Stick (L. Diane Wolfe)


We also have a Facebook page, email address 2012azinfo@gmail.com, and the Twitter hashtag is #AtoZChallenge.  Join in. Meet others who are as nutty as I am. They're wonderful!


AND DON'T FORGET THIS, LIKE I DID! IT'S THE FIRST WEDNESDAY AND TIME TO SUPPORT THOSE OF US (NOT ME OF COURSE) WHO ARE INSECURE WRITERS. 


CHECKA THIS OUT!

33 comments:

  1. Hi Lee .. Curvaceous is a very good word .. cosmopolitan, curtain, cotton ... no idea why!!

    and Cheers!! - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great word and love women built like Marilyn. Nothing wrong with some 'meat on the bone', in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's exactly why Bodacious and Curvaceous are so wonderful! The images they create are perfect.

      Delete
  3. I like curves!
    Not being insecure right now is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love curves and the secure feeling will last until I write this afternoon. :-)

      Delete
  4. I'm not feeling particularly insecure this month, either. Hello!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because you've finished writing a book. You have to be feeling terrific!

      Delete
  5. Marilyn Monroe is like THE definition of curvaceous. I think clumsy accurately describes me. Grace is not a nickname people give me often...or ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. curvaceous!I've never used that word in my writing. :)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have either, come to think of it!

      Delete
  7. Curves,mmmh, yeah, I like curves too. Creative is another good word for C, cute lady. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Courageous has to be my favorite C word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great word to go with Marilyn Monroe. And glad you're not feeling insecure today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice to have this security last a bit!

      Delete
  10. That's a great word! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to meet you during this challenge.

      Delete
  11. Curvaceous is a cool word!
    Casablanca, chihuahua, chateau & champagne (I like French words)... and what about chiaroscuro (has to do with artwork) and before I get carried away, let's leave it there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately for us we have so many French words in our language. Love chiaroscuro!

      Delete
  12. Indeed. I seriously doubt she'd have been as sexy if she'd been 110 pounds.

    How about Casanova?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great word! And Marilyn is the ultimate poster girl for that one :)

    I like the word chulish too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Curvacious is a great word.

    Curious is probably one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chrysoprase? (It's the essence of green) Hard to beat curvaceous - and the perfect photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm adding chrysoprase to my personal dictionary. The essence of anything is intriguing.

      Delete
  16. I thought of Marilyn, too! It's funny how we associate people with words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've always loved Marilyn. She was so creative with her image.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that word. Marilyn is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with Medeia. She was a perfect embodiment of the word curvaceous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes I think of Marilyn when I think of the word curvaceous -- and me. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  21. When I hear curvaceous I think of Marilyn, too! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  22. By the way, thank you for this! Didn't want that left unsaid.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete

Please say something to me, anything. Well, not anything, but a kind word will do.