Alligators Overhead Trailer

Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday Miscellany


Cover Reveal Ta Da!
LisaGailGreen.com


Tricked into slavery by the man she loved, the Djinni Leela has an eternity to regret her choices.
Awakened in the prison of her adolescent body, she finds a new master in possession of the opal that binds her. But seventeen-year-old Jered is unlike any she’s seen. His kindness makes Leela yearn to trust again, to allow herself a glimmer of hope.
Could Jered be strong enough to free her from the curse of the Binding Stone?




Want send a quick TWEET of support? Now's your chance.
Want to add this to your TBR list on GOODREADS? Here's the link.


__________

After that eye-catching cover all the rest of this blog is blah by comparison; however, I had to share a few authorly quotes for your entertainment and inspiration.

"I never had any doubts about my abilities. I knew I could write. I just had to figure out how to eat while doing it." Cormac McCarthy

"Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered." W. H. Auden

"Some Writers enjoy writing, I am told. Not me. I enjoy having written." George R. R. Martin

___________

I love to read banned books. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Yummm). The Grapes of Wrath (Read this twice. Loved it both times. Will never forget it.) The Color Purple, The Golden Compass and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. 

Ban. Ban. Ban! I say. Those are the books that go to the top of my TBR pile.

So now you have The Binding Stone to read, you have some pity quotes by notable writers to consider and you have some books to write that are ban-worthy. Get going!





21 comments:

  1. I didn't know Lisa was releasing a book. YAY for her!! The cover is absolutely gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa's book looks gorgeous. Her blurb also sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds compelling! Can't wait til it's out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright color in that book cover. It really draws your eye it it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Striking cover! Congrats, Lisa, on your release! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!!!! :D I also love banned books, just not the banning part! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Lisa's cover. Can't wait to read her book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover is beautiful, and the story sounds great, too. Best wishes, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Binding Stone is getting around today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors on Lisa cover are just gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for Lisa!! Love the cover!! :)

    I read lots of banned books too - I try to read one to my class every year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This cover is BEAUTIFUL! Love the colors and the background design. The book sounds interesting.

    I love banned books, too. I have read many of them and have enjoyed them all. I still have lots to get to though- since the list is so long. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in agreement with everyone else, that cover is stunning!

    As for banned books... we need to ban the banners. Don't they realize they don't have to read the books if they don't want to?

    ReplyDelete
  14. My book lists keep getting bigger and bigger, but I have to add this one. I like the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really nice cover. Interesting story concept too. I've tweeted this post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, wow! That cover is amazing! So gorgeous with the rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lisa's cover is beautiful! Gotta check it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it. Such a stunning cover.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that cover took my breath away. Gorgeous. :) Congrats, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Always love reading your comments. Glad you found Lisa's cover as fascinating as I did.

    ReplyDelete

Please say something to me, anything. Well, not anything, but a kind word will do.