Due to LIFE!!!!!
This will be my last post until after the first of the year. So I'd better make the Monday Miscellany good, hadn't I?
This is a SLIDE SHOW that's funny and informative for any of us who write books and who blog and tweet about that fact. It takes a minute, but the message is perfect. Most of you have this down pat, but some may not.
My book purchases for last week were: Lynn Kelly's Curse of the Double Digits and The Mistaken by Nancy S. Thompson. Now I can curl up under the tree and read, read, read. Did you buy books this December? Are there any you've fallen in love with? How about a gift suggestions while there's still time?
And just to make this truly Miscellaneous, here are some random thoughts on this season.
- It should have snow because Hallmark says so.
- We need a remake of "It's A Wonderful Life."
- Gifts: I'm giving money to charities this year and hugging each member of my family a little longer.
- I'm giving up on hoping for world peace. Instead, I'm asking for increased understanding and tolerance on a local level.
- Like Charles Dickens, "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."
I'm not going to make any more promises than that last one. It's a biggie and deserves my undivided attention throughout 2013.
Merry Christmas and Happy Hannaka, wonderful readers. See you all again 2013. Inshallah. :-)