Alligators Overhead Trailer

Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday Miscellany Here on The Write Game: A New Book and Some Blogfests

I don't usually post about new books on Monday,  but sometimes we need to adjust to fit other schedules. I hope you enjoy reading about this book.

First Time: The Legend of Garison Fitch

"What if history didn't happen that way ... the first time?"

Garison Fitch was one of the most revered scientists in the Soviet Americas until he left fame behind to work on a secret project in his log cabin in the mountains of Marx.

But something went wrong. Instead of traveling interdimentionally, Garison has traveled through time ... twice.

Now, he's in something called "The United States of America" and a woman he's never met before is calling herself his wife. It it a hoax? Or, has he somehow changed history? 

If so, can he return the world to what he believes is "normal", or must he live in this strange world he created?


Excerpt:
Heather's Diary
March 15, 2005
I am so scared.
I was expecting today to be one of the greatest days of my life.  It was supposed to be one of the greatest days in the history of the world.  In the grand scope of science and history, maybe today will go down as a great day, for the most ambitious experiment in the field of quantum realities seems to have been at least a partial success.
As this once promising day winds down, though, I have to think it's the worst day I've ever known.  It's the end of the day, the sun has gone down just like it's supposed to and everything seems fine about the world except that I am alone in my bedroom.  My husband is in the house, but I don't want him in here.  I'm afraid of him.
Afraid of Garison?
Somehow, I know it's not his fault, though.  He must have gotten hit on the head, or been drugged or something.  Because the Garison who came back from the experiment today isn't the Garison I married.
Something is wrong with him.  I have to find out what so I can help him.
What can I do?  And what if I can't help him?  What if this is permanent?
Maybe I'm being silly.  Maybe this is just temporary.  It all started just this afternoon, after all.  Maybe it'll be gone in the morning and everything will be back to normal.
He claims he's been gone five years, though.  And he looks like he's been gone five years or even more.  What if that's true?
What can I do?

$25 Tour wide giveaway. Go to  Rafflecopter 

Purchase


Welcoming a new book is always a nice way to start at new month. Hope you'll support Garrison and buy his book. 


___________________________________________________________________________________
And we have other ways to welcome December, too!  I can't believe I'm doing this, but here it is,  Babyfaces Blogfest. Want to reveal the youngest YOU? If I can do it, so can you.





I'm guessing I was about two here,  and when I asked my mom where this was taken, she said Modesto--you know a hot valley town in California. This picture happened way before Valley Girls became popular. Want to see what other bloggers looked like back at the beginning, before writing set in?



__________________________________________________________________________________________

And then, of course, we have the Christmas Photo Hop started by Kyra Lennon. Can't pass this one up, can we?

Check out the other Festive Christmas PEEPS!

video


You have to add the audio yourself. "We wish you a Merry Christmas. We wish you a Merry Christmas. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (There's some repeating here, then) Bring us some figgy pudding. Oh, bring us some figgy pudding. Oh, bring us some figgy pudding and a cup of good cheer." How did I do?
_______________________________________________________________________________



Since I'm into my blogfest mode, here's another one that's coming up. It's different because it's for one blogger who supports, entertains and informs us all the time. You might want to join the fun, so here are some places to go to find out what's afoot.  




__________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have book coming out in 2013 here's a place to go for a super book trailer. MISTY TAGGART creates some very special, unique trailers.  I loved mine. You'll love yours.







35 comments:

  1. One little lick of hair standing straight up on your head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable!!

    And can't wait for the blogfest for Alex. Getting my post ready.

    Enjoyed you sharing the new book today. Sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee - great little blonde mop - love the twisty curl atop - not wilted by the Modesto heat. Big grin in place - so nothing changes then!

    Cheers and yea I have some fests to attend to too ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, too funny with the santa suit! And cute baby pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book sounds intriguing, and the baby picture is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish you a Merry Christmas too! Love seeing all the baby pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally missed the Baby Blogfest. Looks like a real winner and I wish I came across it earlier.

    Is that Dippity-Doo in your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute picture! It's going to be a very busy month. I'm doing 2 bloghops - Alex's and then the Hobbit Fest at Tyrean's. And loads of other stuff, as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were adorable!

    Ready for Hobbits and roasting Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the Alfalfa-style hairdo.

    First Time sounds like an interesting story. Time travel is my favorite genre--so many possibilities.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute baby pic and lovin your Santa suit!

    Must say the book sounds interesting, thanks for highlighting this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The book sounds really cool! And your baby picture is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pigtail on the top! I was in CA through toddlerhood and all my pics are nude, LOL!

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohmigosh, that bit of hair standing up is just ADORABLE! :-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cutie pie in that photo! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for posting the excerpt from my novel "First Time" and for taking part in my "blog tour"! Hope your readers will check it out and enjoy reading it. And the pic is really cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Always nice to see happy little faces. For me, it was Santa Ana, CA. I remember nothing of it though. Dad in military = frequent relocation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute picture!! it's funny how dodgy areas can become 'the next Beverly Hills' over time, isn't it? haha

    Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cool book!

    And I love your baby picture. You look so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Funny, I really would have expected White to go the opposite way in his alternate Earth novel. I know what this Earth is like. I'd like to know what it would be like to live in the Soviet American one.
    Loved all the pics! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness. That photo is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow the book sounds really great! And I love the baby pic!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a neat concept for time traveling. Thanks for sharing!

    I'm way excited about the "Alexfest." Let the embarrassing posts commence :D

    Your baby picture is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a cute baby pic! Oh and the book sounds delightful too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Book - a new world and a wife doesn't sound like a good mix...

    Love your picture.

    Will send pics tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That premise sounds really really really cool. I must check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my gosh you were such a cute little thing!! I love the stylish hairdo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful video and you laughing made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. haha...love your video. I found you through Kyra's Blogfest. I love your site. It's really cool how you set it up. (with the books and all on the front page)

    glad that I found you! New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ha, thanks for being part of the Blindsided bloghop! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Please say something to me, anything. Well, not anything, but a kind word will do.