Alligators Overhead Trailer

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Did I Notice Your Book?




While I'm still officially on vacation and won't start posting regularly until  . . . October 28

I had to join the Did I Notice My Book Blogfest. So here's my DINYB entry. 



I noticed Royce Buckingham’s Demon Keeper.

Being a keeper of demons is a heavy responsibility. One slip and your demons can be on the loose. Nat is fairly new at his job of keeping the demons under control, also he's newly on his own and lonely. Driven by this loneliness he seeks out one of his kind for companionship and leaves his charges unattended. Soon he discovers he'll have the "demons to pay" for that small dereliction of duty, yet in the the end it's his human companions who save the day.

Open page one of Demonkeeper and you'll plunge into a world of minions, darkness and beastly feasts, but you'll never be sorry because there's not one dull moment, not one stale character and only a few demons you'll be glad to see get their comeuppance. Kids will love the gore, the goopy snot and the perfectly staged, albeit accidental, fart as well.

I loved reading this and I loved reading it to kids. I think this is a great middle grade story for all ages.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. If you want to join in go to one of these blogs, sign up and leave a comment!


36 comments:

  1. The cover and the phrase "goopy snot" captured my attention . . .what does that say about me? My mind is still that of a MG reader sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - new follower from the blogfest. Love the sound of this MG book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love finding good MG reads! This one sounds like a blast and reminds of the Bartimaeus series by Jonathon Stroud. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not into demons at all, but the ones on the cover are cute little buggers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not heard of this one before, it sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you liked this. And hope you're having a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny and gross, sounds like a hit with kids, for sure! Thanks, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks perfect for my boys. I HAVE to get this one. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now who doesn't like minions?
    Thanks for participating in our blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, a book I can buy for my nephew! Thanks, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the concept and funny characteristics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the title of this book! Not surprised the kids enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool idea for a middle grade book! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh yeah, my grandsons would love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Neat book. This is a very fun bloghop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I couldn't quit examining the cover. There's something about it that is very attractive. The blurb sounds terrific as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pick! I'll have to check out this novel.

    (P.S.: The text of your blog posts are coming up white on my browser (Google Chrome/running Windows) for some reason, though I can still read them if I highlight.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one I'd definitely read. Sounds like fun and those monsters don't make me shiver at all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oo, this sounds like something my nephew would enjoy. Thanks for the heads-up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. My older son would probably enjoy this one. Need to keep it in mind for him. For now, he has to comb through the numerous books he bought at his school's book fair.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds dark and funny. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm seeing so many great books for this blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hmm an MG read about demons? Sounds pretty amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Lee - sounds like you picked a good book for the young chaps of this world ... it would be fun to be around while they read the book .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like the kids would enjoy this book. Full of the weird and wonderful, if not a little bit scary.

    ReplyDelete
  25. haven't seen this one before! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for introducing us to Royse and enjoy your time off! II took almost two months off (with a little bloggins here and there) as we need time off to get things done and, decompress, and recalibrate.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Goopy snot and farts. Why isn't this book in my classroom library? I must remedy this.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This book sounds like such fun! I will have to check it out!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the "goopy snot" bit...
    Enjoy what's left of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The "goopy snot" part turns me off, but the rest of it sounds fun. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cool!

    Have a great vacation!!! I know I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. This book sounds GREAT! It's one of those few books where I really wish I'd come up with the idea first. Grrrr. Ah, well. Big congrats to Royce Buckingham for such an awesome book! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please say something to me, anything. Well, not anything, but a kind word will do.