I seldom post on Saturday, but after Kelly Hashway gave me these very sweet awards, I couldn't resist.
1. Hiding Out At The Pancake Palace (This one's not out yet, but it's an enchanting middle grade book by Nan Marino.
2. Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn. You can't put this YA down and there's a sequel!
3. Audition by Stasia Ward Kehoe. This is novel in verse that captures your heart immediately. You don't have to be a dancer to appreciate it; you just have to have been young once.
4. I'm Not Her by Janet Gurtler. A book about sisters that is so touching and so real you have to keep reading.
5. Griffin's Fire by Darby Karchut. Great characters in this one and a story that leads you through it very quickly.
Only 5? Well, that's easy.
1. Waking up to a perfect summer day is one that's most immediate.
2. Harvesting my first cuke and squash today. Yay! Fabulous.
3. Getting these awards. It's always wonderful to know someone has thought about you.
4. Spotting a beautiful fox skirting the edge of the forest just at dawn.
5. Holding the first book I ever wrote and sold and had published. (Not as immediate as the first four, but still a fabulous moment.)
5 Things I Love
1. Reading by a fire in winter.
2. Early morning stillness.
3. Hot Fudge Sundaes. Yum.
4. The smell of sheets just off the clothes line. I still can't bring myself to dry my sheets any other way.
5. River rafting.
5 Things I Dislike
1. People who say they can't.
2. Anything having to do with cruelty to animals.
4. Ignorance and complacency (Does that make 6? Seems like they're usually a pair.)
5 People Who I Want to Share These Awards With
1. Leslie Rose
2. Darby Karchut
3. Beverly Stowe McClure
4. Ruth Schiffmann
Have a great weekend WRITERS!