Alligators Overhead Trailer

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hookers & Hangers Blogfest July 16th & July 18th



I'm HOOKED! Have you visited some blogs that are participating in the Falling For Fiction hop? If not, you should. I've loved reading the first lines of chapters. Now it's time for the HANGERS. They're up and even more intriguing than the guy with the biceps in the picture above. Here are my HANGERS from Alligators Overhead


1. Pete stared up at the mansion. It stared back, and he felt something pulling at him--something very powerful.


2. He almost jumped out of his shoes. It was that voice again, the same one he'd heard on the phone that morning, and it was a clear as if the woman had put her lips to his ear.


3. As Pete dropped the money into Sylvan Karp's outstretched hand, loud gunshots burst from inside the row of new growth trees and everyone, even the protesters, fell silent.


4. They were too late. 



1.Writing on the Wall2.Between the Bookends
3.Tobi Summers - Chock Full of Words4.Unyielding
5.Lisa Regan6.Cassie Mae
7.Writing Off The Edge8.Cutest Landing
9.Michael Abayomi10.Amanda Olivieri
11.Darci Cole12.Jenny Morris
13.Writing with Hope14.A.J. Locke
15.Another Author16.Fanatic for Fiction
17.Ink in the Book18.Suzi- Literary Engineer
19.tara tyler20.Scattergun Scribblings
21.used bikes in london - Second hand bikes london22.Queendsheena
23.Emily R. King24.Mutterings from the Oubliette
25.My Inner Fairy26.Scribble Babble
27.the sands of writing28.Amy Sonnichsen
29.Kim Karras30.And Then She Was Like Blah Blah Blah
31.Leigh Covington32.J. A. Bennett - A Writer's Journey
33.Thardrandian Thoughts34.Jade Hart
35.Gina Denny36.Freya Morris
37.Use Your Words...38.Sydney Aaliyah
39.Whatever40.Tasha Seegmiller
41.Clare Dugmore Writes42.C.M. Brown
43.Ilima Todd44.Donna Hole
45.The Art of Infiltration46.Write Here, Write Now
47.Carrie-Anne's Magick Theatre48.T.L. Bodine
49.Tara @ More Than Fiction50.Melissa Sugar
51.Roxanne @ Books and Blossoms52.Medeia Sharif
53.Tyson McFrost (Frost Lord)54.Michael Pierce
55.T.F. Walsh56.Putting Pen To Paper
57.VikLit58.Rantings of a Writer
59.Stina Lindenblatt60.L.M. Miller
61.EM Castellan62.The Intrinsic Writer
63.Teardrops On My Book64.1000th.monkey
65.Sue K.66.Lindz Pagel
67.Flame Writer68.Beth's Blog
69.Trisha @ WORD STUFF70.Cristina dos Santos
71.Deana Barnhart72.Krista McLaughlin
73.ali cross74.SC Write -- Writing, Publishing, and Harry Potter
75.Entertaining Interests76.Martin at 'From Sand to Glass'
77.For Science!78.Nancy S. Thompson
79.Postcards From My Mind80.It's All in My Head
81.Soul Destruction82.Theresa Paolo
83.Lynn(e) @ The Submission Process84.Your Daily Dose
85.Folio Road86.dreamwritepublish
87.Word by Word88.Father Thunder
89.Madeleine90.story of her life
91.The Write Game 



35 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love the jumping out of his shoes line! The last one was awesome too. Great hangers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great writing! I love these! Even the last one is great. It's funny how few words can say so much at times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 was fantastic, and I most assuredly turn the page after reading #4. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't choose a favorite, but these show off some incredible storytelling. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Numbers two and four would make it so I wouldn't be able to put the book down. Just sayin :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your third hook! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these are so intense. Hard to pick a favorite. Hmm...I think the very last one is the most chilling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! Doesn't seem fair to leave us with that last one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh! I loved the first line. Definitely got my attention.
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting! I especially like the first one :)

    Reminds me of Clive Barker's 'The Thief of Always'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome end of chapter lines. They're all so good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! #4 is such a an excellent hanger! They all are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh I love those lines!! Especially that the mansion stared back. That's awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great drama and tension in these. I'm hooked (and hanging!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. All three are just great! Cannot choose between them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. Number 3 is a really powerful hanger. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Powerful! They do their job well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool. The last one is so ominous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What great hangers! They make the reader really want to know more about the story. I think they are all great, but especially like the first two. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cliffhangers. That last one in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This has been a great hop for two reasons: It was short and it introduced me to some new writers. I want to do more of these. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  22. "They were too late". As far as cliffhangers go, that's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like the last one. I would have to flip the page immediately to find out what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The succinct nature of the last one is great. They're all very good though.

    ReplyDelete
  25. "4. They were too late."

    Sometimes its the shortest sentences that make the most powerful statements. This could lead off or end a chapter very well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree that you saved the best hanger for last! I can't wait to read Alligators Overhead! Thanks Lee! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, I love these sentences, Lee! Now I'm eagerly looking forward to read Alligators Overhead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooh, great hangers! I need to check out the hookers :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I especially like that first one, the mansion staring back! I also love the title, Alligators Overhead. Its intriguing! You usually think of alligators lurking under water...

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are all quite suspenseful. I can envision Pete in some dicey situations.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh these sentences are wonderful!! My goodness - so much tension in so few words!! Excellent stuff! Yay! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice lines - I think I have to choose #1 as a favourite, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. So scared! This is an awesome visual:

    He almost jumped out of his shoes. It was that voice again, the same one he'd heard on the phone that morning, and it was a clear as if the woman had put her lips to his ear.

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are awesome hangers, C. Lee. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please say something to me, anything. Well, not anything, but a kind word will do.