Alligators Overhead Trailer

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hookers and Hangers Wanna Play?

I'm a day behind, but had to join in this one. Part 1 of the Hookers & Hangers Blogfest. For part 1 participants post first sentences from each chapter and for part 2 last sentences of each chapter. You can post as many as you want. Since I'm launching a new book this month, I guess you're going to read my hookers from Alligators Overhead.


1. Pete chewed on what was left of his right thumbnail, stared up at the round-faced clock above Aunt Lizzie's desk and watched it tick off his last minutes of freedom.


2. A giant ten-foot-tall Harriet Hadley held Pete up by the shirtfront and shook him until his eyes rolled like marbles in their sockets.


3. They moved as fast as the dark mist allowed--down the path and into the swamp just the way they'd done hundreds of times before.


Any of these HOOK you? Hope so. Here's some others having fun and trying to hook your interest. 

1.Writing on the Wall2.Between the Bookends
3.Tobi Summers - Chock Full of Words4.Unyielding
5.Lisa Regan6.Cassie Mae
7.Writing Off The Edge8.Cutest Landing
9.Michael Abayomi10.Amanda Olivieri
11.Darci Cole12.Jenny Morris
13.Writing with Hope14.A.J. Locke
15.Another Author16.Fanatic for Fiction
17.Ink in the Book18.Suzi- Literary Engineer
19.tara tyler20.Scattergun Scribblings
21.used bikes in london - Second hand bikes london22.Queendsheena
23.Emily R. King24.Mutterings from the Oubliette
25.My Inner Fairy26.Scribble Babble
27.the sands of writing28.Amy Sonnichsen
29.Kim Karras30.And Then She Was Like Blah Blah Blah
31.Leigh Covington32.J. A. Bennett - A Writer's Journey
33.Thardrandian Thoughts34.Jade Hart
35.Gina Denny36.Freya Morris
37.Use Your Words...38.Sydney Aaliyah
39.Whatever40.Tasha Seegmiller
41.Clare Dugmore Writes42.C.M. Brown
43.Ilima Todd44.Donna Hole
45.The Art of Infiltration46.Write Here, Write Now
47.Carrie-Anne's Magick Theatre48.T.L. Bodine
49.Tara @ More Than Fiction50.Melissa Sugar
51.Roxanne @ Books and Blossoms52.Medeia Sharif
53.Tyson McFrost (Frost Lord)54.Michael Pierce
55.T.F. Walsh56.Putting Pen To Paper
57.VikLit58.Rantings of a Writer
59.Stina Lindenblatt60.L.M. Miller
61.EM Castellan62.The Intrinsic Writer
63.Teardrops On My Book64.1000th.monkey
65.Sue K.66.Lindz Pagel
67.Flame Writer68.Beth's Blog
69.Trisha @ WORD STUFF70.Cristina dos Santos
71.Deana Barnhart72.Krista McLaughlin
73.ali cross74.SC Write -- Writing, Publishing, and Harry Potter
75.Entertaining Interests76.Martin at 'From Sand to Glass'
77.For Science!78.Nancy S. Thompson
79.Postcards From My Mind80.It's All in My Head
81.Soul Destruction82.Theresa Paolo
83.Lynn(e) @ The Submission Process84.Your Daily Dose
85.Folio Road86.dreamwritepublish
87.Word by Word88.Father Thunder
89.Madeleine90.story of her life
91.The Write Game 

15 comments:

  1. Love these! Rooting for Pete already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like that bit about ticking off the last minutes of freedom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love names people put in MG books. Harriet Hadley, SO great. And these hookers really make me want to know what happens to poor Pete, and why he's losing his freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These definitely hook me! You have a great way with words. Thanks for sharing :)

    I can't decide on a favourite, though the first one does have serious impact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love your hooks! Each one made me want the book, right now! :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great hooks, all of them. I am going to choose #2.Thanks for stopping by my post and for following.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. #2 caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these - I can't even choose a favorite. Well done on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1 and 2 definitely made me ask why. I suspect big developments come from 3. Have fun with the blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow these are great! The voice behind them is so spot on and I love the pictures that come to mind just from the few short sentences. Awesome, awesome, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great hookers! Checking out your hangers right meow :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, I'm definitely intrigued about this book. Number one makes me ask loads of questions. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super hooks! I can feel Pete's anticipation or unhappiness in the first one. Well done!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved these chapter hooks. Harriet Hadley sounds scary. I loved that description. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice job! I think I like the first one the most! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete

Please say something to me, anything. Well, not anything, but a kind word will do.