|Asilomar Beach Tidepools|
Today's MONDAY MOOD is tired, but with post-Asilomar SCBWI Conference inspiration to off-set it. The conference is at the Pacific Ocean's backdoor, so before or after sessions there's nothing better than a stroll across Hwy. 1 to peer into a few tidepools.
|Dan Yaccarino and Naomi Kinsman|
As usual the faculty gave excellent presentations filled with encouragement and helpful information for writers. At the final panel, Media Presence: Go Social in 2012 here's what they had to say about writers who blog:
- If you're going to blog be professional.
- The first thing most agents do if they are interested in a manuscript is Google the author.
- Never post anything you don't want others to know. Realize that anything on any forum should be treated as public information.
- Blogging is an excellent tool for promoting, but doing only promotion for your books is deadly. Give something your readers need or enjoy; don't just push your work with "buy" messages.
- Being a blogger doesn't replace writing an excellent book.