|Do It At The Right Time!|
Shareaholic reported they found that:
- If you post on Mondays and Thursdays your content goes further.
- Monday blog posts will pull in the most traffic.
- Thursday posts are shared more than others on social networks.
- If you post between 8:00 and 9:00AM Eastern time that's the best if you want to reach a large audience. 9:00PM Eastern time will also reach more people than at other times.
Where to start and what to do has always been a huge question.
I guess the answer to #1 is to have a plan. Susan Kaye Quinn recently posted on this very topic, so I'll give you a link to her site. What's she's set out is very worthwhile for any author, self-published or not.
|Book Signings are fun. You sell a few books. You meet booksellers.|
- On Twitter I'm searching for conferences that host YA and MG writers. Then I'm jumping into the conversations to connect with the people who are there exchanging ideas. I've shared tweeted conversations with two editors and one agent just this month. I'm not sure how this will sell me or my books, but as in any advertising, I'm hoping for name recognition and maybe a few tidbits of wisdom.
- I'm also looking into signing up for an author training program, starting March 29. It's called The Ultimate Book Marketing Plan Workshop. Here's the link. I am in no way connected with this program. I'm only considering taking the course to see if I can streamline my promotional activities.