Alligators Overhead Trailer

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Vacation Poetry

My goal for this week was to post at least one more poem . . . Ahem, and back pat. I did. Then I said I had to write 3,000 more words on my WIP. Uh, Err, Well . . . I'm a bit behind there, but I have today and tomorrow. Be sure to check in with the other bloggers (to the right of this post) and see how they're meeting their goals.


Lazy mornings
Breakfast served 
and 
   Delicious.

Walks down, then up stone-faced canyons
with
   Water a trickle sound below the trail, unseen, 
but 
   Promising a lake or bridge. 

Then Yoga
   Slow 
with 
  Breathing that empties minds and fills lungs.
  Cunning in demands.
     Stretches, long held, reaching toward perfect.
     Asanas 
      Balance 
      Control 
          Beauty in flow
           Inversions
           for strength
             new perspectives 
         Breath at the center.
        That moment at the center. 
           Life at the center. 




10 comments:

  1. What a miraculously peaceful vacation norning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely hard to return to my computer. I think I deserve some kind of award. I'm looking into that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures to compliment your amazing words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I totally loved it :)
    You have a beautiful style of writing...really touches the soul I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all. It's so important to step back once in a while look around the world, let the mind rest while the eyes soak up all that's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Where are these pictures from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're at Mayacamas Ranch outside of Santa Rosa in northern CA. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely poem and beautiful pictures, too... I feel relaxed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pictures went so well with your beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete

Please say something to me, anything. Well, not anything, but a kind word will do.