Alligators Overhead Trailer

Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Miscellany

What a wonderful way to start a week and spring too. I finished my Library Loving Blog Challenge with new followers and with new friends here at the Write Game. Thanks to all of you who participated and helped me help one of my favorite places on planet earth, Los Gatos Public Library.  


Our Launch yesterday was a rousing success. Here are a few pictures of the people who are making it possible for our new library to have the state of art furniture, fixtures and equipment.



To add to the excitement of the Launch Dr. Edward Lu, Nasa Astronaut, talked to the crowd and answered questions from the young library supporters.



I haven't circled the earth hundreds of times like Dr. Lu, but I have had a full week. In addition to helping out at the Launch, I co-taught another Young Writers' Workshop. I was amazed at some of the excellent writing that these Tweens produced in the four hours we were together. Here are some young writers at work.



Outside of having the great good luck of participating in these library-related activities, I actually reached by 30K word count goal on my WIP, did three seriously wonderful Yoga sessions, and started reading Tinkers

Welcome SPRING. Welcome FIRST DANDELION as it puffs it's way toward the sun. Here's a little Whitman to celebrate this season of stirring--of new life.

Simple and fresh and fair from winter's close emerging,
As if no artifice of fashion, business, politics, had ever been,
Forth from it's sunny nook of shelter'd grass--innocent, golden, 
     calm as the dawn,
The spring's first dandelion shows its trustful face.

What is it in this season that you celebrate most? 

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on another great writing workshop. Kids will amaze you. I taught middle school language arts and I saw a lot of talented writers in my class. It's very inspiring.
    I'm not a dandelion fan, but just seeing the sunshine is enough for me to welcome spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you've been quite the multi-tasker! Teaching that workshop sounds like fun. Maybe one of these days...
    I love the flowers that come with spring. The warmth & sunshine. I even "like" working in the yard before it's too hot and getting it all pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome that you're working with the kids! And I have to put Tinker on my TBR! It looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Library AND astronaut? What fun!

    I celebrate spring, but sometimes it doesn't arrive here on the Canadian border until May :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the visits all. I'm so jazzed by this season and the sun that comes with it. Glad you stopped in to celebrate with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! Just saw your link to this post on twitter and it made me so happy! Especially as I'm from Saratoga, and the Los Gatos library was dear to my heart for my entire childhood! :) Loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bundle of energy you are and a real inspiration! What I love best about spring: all the spring snowstorms here in the Rockies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, looks like you had a wonderful time helping out your library. Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love hearing about all the inspiring activities you're up to, Lee. You're probably having the same exceptionally beautiful day we are. I think the rainy season is behind us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always been partial to fall. I love the crisp feel of the air. :D Congrats on the library launch. Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's wonderful what you've done for your library. What a great accomplishment.

    I love the bluebonnets and paintbrush that tell us spring has arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great time! I love teaching kids. They always have such creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved this, Lee ...

    Welcome FIRST DANDELION as it puffs it's way toward the sun.

    And the Whitman quote ... oh, how perfect.

    Re your Q (what is it in this season that you celebrate most) ... well there are many things ... but after our very long and intense winter, I'd have to say: walking outside with nature again. I miss this in winter.

    Take care, Lee! May spring bring you energy and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, MG! So pleased to see you here. We must get together--maybe a half way meeting between LG and Eureka?

    Darby, Bish, Lisa, Beverly really enjoyed your comments. I have to look up Bluebonnets, Bev. I'm sure we have some variety of those flowers.

    Yes, Catherine, kids are truly wonderful founts of joy and creativity.

    Thanks as always for the thoughtful comment, Daisy. You raise the bar no matter where you appear and I love it.

    Off to do something non-computerish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice--what great work! And it sounds like fun too which is Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Christa. It was fun. So much so that I'm signing on to do another one.

    ReplyDelete

Please say something to me, anything. Well, not anything, but a kind word will do.