I loved this quote today: "Everyone is a millionaire when it comes to promises." Ovid said that waaay back before any of us started making and breaking promises. I wonder how that sounded in Latin? Anybody?
Confession: Here are some promises I've broken.
- I promised to accept everybody as they are and not make any judgements. (How hard is that to do?)
- I promised to write on my new WIP everyday. (Well, life happened a few times, several times, a lot of times.)
- I promised to blog four days a week. (Nawt! Is nawt out of style yet?)
- I promised to see all of my friends at least once a month. (Ha!)
- I promised not to be jealous, no matter what, no matter why. (Unrealistic, really! In my favor: the jealous moment passes quickly. Against me: I'm jealous a lot of moments.)
- I promised to clean the refrigerator. (This promise doesn't count. I had a fever when I made it.)
So any promises you'd care to share along with the excuses for breaking them? Come on. I promise not to tell.
Oh, and here's one promise I will keep. Take a look at Sharp Pen Dull Sword for some good news and some "freaking great prizes." But promise me you won't enter and win because I want to, okay? Thanks. I know I can count on you.