Alligators Overhead Trailer

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's Summer. Let's Read

Starting June 25 and for the next few weeks I'm going to be interviewing debut authors. I think this is a perfect time to let everyone know about some great summer reads, so check out The Write Game when I kick off "It's Summer. Let's Read.

I'm hoping some of the authors will be offering advice for the pre- or newly published authors that visit. I know some plan to give away a signed copy or two of their books to make your summer reading even more enjoyable.

If you are a debut author or know of someone who'd be interested in adding their book to the list of Summer Reading, email me or leave a comment so I can connect with them. Until the 25th, keep reading.

9 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun. I'll look forward to the interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - I look forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I can't wait to see more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great. Looking forward to meeting new authors and finding more books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about recommending someone else? I just read Eric Luper's, "Seth Baumgartener's Love Manifesto" that just came out this month. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lee--
    What a great idea!! I represent a group of ten debut children's authors whose books hail from small and indie presses: Indie-Debut 2010. I'm sure we would all love to participate in your interview month. You can check out our website and blog at http://indiedebut2010.blogspot.com/
    or email me at amyacook(at)livedotcom. I look forward to reading about other debut authors!
    Best-
    Amy
    http://lux-st-clare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super idea and very cool to support debut authors. I'm part of Indie Debut and would love to participate. My novel was just soft-launched in a limited edition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My book The Freak Observer comes out in August. I blogged about the book's adventures up to the time it survived the acquisition meeting last September:

    http://blythewoolston.blogspot.com/2009/09/biography-of-freak-observer.html

    It's a sort of weird tale.

    ReplyDelete

Please say something to me, anything. Well, not anything, but a kind word will do.