2) Write poetry? Of course. Doesn't everybody? It's that short stuff, right?
3) Angsty poetry? I think most of them are titled Angst.
4) Favorite genre of writing? I love to write Middle Grade fantasy, but I seem to be publishing realistic YA.
5) Most annoying character you've ever created? I think it would have to be the school principal in Sliding on the Edge. Robbie Green annoyed me a lot while I was putting him on paper.
6) Best plot you've ever created? I think it's my Middle Grade novel about three boys on a quest. I love that plot.
7) Coolest plot twist you've ever created? Thinking here. Not coming up with a real cool twist, unless I count the story where one of my protagonists discovers that a long-believed fact is actually fiction. Is that twisty and cool enough?
8) How often do you get writer's block? No blockage. I just get writer-weary and can't sit at the keyboard anymore.
9) Write fan fiction? Uhhhh. Ummmmm. I don't think so.
10) Do you type or write by hand? I type--often with my eyes closed. I have some pleasant surprises that way.
11) Do you save everything you write? I think I do. I'm not sure. I've got notebooks with scribbles all over the place. Everything else is on hard drive or disk or something like that.
12) Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abandoned it? Not so far.
13) What's your favorite thing you've ever written? I think it's still that MG quest story. I loved the dragons in it.
14) What's everyone else's favorite story you've written? I have a lot of comments on my short ghost stories that came out in Upstart Crow mag.
15) Ever written romance or angsty teen drama? I think that's what's coming down from head at the moment. Kind of a surprise to me.
16) What's your favorite setting for your characters? Wherever they get in the most trouble and have to work themselves out of. I like it when the setting and the character(s) are totally incompatible.
17) How many writing projects are you working on right now? Three.
18) Have you ever won an award for your writing? Yes. My husband gave me a kiss.
19) What are your five favorite words? .Ostentatious, perambulate, claustrophobic, conciliate, perspicacious. They all roll around on your tongue and sound pretty even if no one knows what they mean.
20) What character have you created that is most like yourself? There's a horse I rather think resembles me in my philosophy.
21) Where do you get your ideas for your characters? They pop up about three a.m. and won't go away. If they do happen to disappear, they either found another author or weren't ready for the page.
22) Do you ever write based on your dreams? Sometimes, I think I do. It's hard for me to separate my dreams from what I'm thinking about while I'm trying to sleep.
23) Do you favor happy endings? Absolutely. I especially want my good people to arrive at the place they need to be.
24) Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write? Yes. I try. Sometimes I'm surprised that I make stupid mistakes while I'm writing. You know, the to for too or the it's for its.Kind of embarrassing when one of my editors marks those.
25) Does music help you write? I need 100% quiet.
26) Quote something you've written. Whatever pops in your head. "We don't answer the door for the witches and goblins . Only one ghost is allowed to enter." Just wrote that yesterday.
Okay, now who to tag?
I have to tag Mel Higgins.
I have to tag Nan Marino.
I have to tag L.K. Madigan
I have to tag The Book Pixie