Alligators Overhead Trailer

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Opening Lines--A Winner!!!


Mike Boyd wins with his opening:

"The next time someone wants me to keep a secret, I'll do something easy instead--like baptize a cat."

Here's what the deciding judge (a young reader who knows her stuff) said: "It came to me as funny in an ironic sense, and I'd love to know what the secret was and what happened! That would be my first choice . . . "

Okay, Mike. Send me your opening chapter. I look forward to reading it and offering a critique.

3 comments:

  1. I love that opening line! He deserved to win... I promise to do better next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent opening, wish I'd thought of it!

    ReplyDelete

Please say something to me, anything. Well, not anything, but a kind word will do.