This week I participated in a teleseminar with Roxyanne Young of Smart Writers fame and Bruce Hale. The topic was Writing Series.
I'd never been on a telephone conference like this one, so I didn't know what to expect. It turned out to be painless, informative, and interesting. The first portion consisted of Roxyanne interviewing Bruce. The others of us online could only listen. After the interview, the lines were opened for Q&A.
Bruce covered a lot of territory in about 55 minutes: Here's the outline.
1. Benefits of Writing a Series
2. The Series Market
3. Types of Series
4. Considerations before Writing a Series
5. What a Series should Include
6. Mistakes Writers of Series Make in Proposals
7. Good Proposals
8. Tips for Sustaining a Series
9. What Agents and Editors Say about Series
Keep an eye out for other teleseminars. I think they are worthwhile and they are not expensive.